Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oven "Fried" Pickles

Last night, Tuesday, we had Adolph burgers (yum, yum!) with "Grandma and Papa." Nothing real "light" about them, but I did make a lightened version of onr of my faves- fried pickles- to go along with them.

The recipe came from Skinnytaste- "Oven Fried Pickles" I pretty much followed the recipe for the pickles except that I cut my own slices from whole dills and used an egg plus some egg beater instead of egg white. I cut about five big dills, which gave me 50-some quarter-plus size slices, and left me with about half the batter left over.... not sure how big their slices were!

Instead of the ranch sauce, I made the Texas Roadhouse pickle dipping sauce from Food Network since we knew we liked it. Easy sauce, too:

  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon drained horseradish
  • 2 teaspoons ketchup
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

  • Pretty good for baked! Breading even stayed on fairly well.

    Points value is estimated because the sauce was substituted and I had so much breading left over. Website says 6 slices with sauce = 3 pts. We guessed 10 slices with sauce = 3 pts.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment