Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges

I had been craving sweet potatoes- weird since I've never liked them!- and we've been very in to grilling veggies lately (kolarabi [sp??], beets, green beans- whatever comes out of Dad's garden!), so we figured we'd find a recipe to grill the sweet potatoes. Again, the first real appetizing one that popped up in our Google search was a Food Network recipe. Gotta love Food Network. :) They turned out pretty yummy, though I had to stop after a while- too much sweet! I say I have been craving sweet potatoes, but I actually bought yams because Mary says they are better. Not sure I would know the difference, but the yams were good!

Our changes:
- yams instead of sweet potatoes
- substituted Montreal Steak seasoning for the poultry rub

The recipe calls for cooked wedges before grilling, so I followed the instructions on another site and cut the potatoes into wedges and boiled them for 5-7 minutes. Worked well!


Ingredients
3 sweet potatoes, cooked through, cut into wedges
Canola oil, for brushing
1 tablespoon Bobby Flay Poultry Rub
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions
Brush the potato wedges with oil and season with rub, salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until nicely marked.

Whisk the syrup with the mustard. Brush the potatoes with the glaze and turn a few times to caramelize.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-sweet-potato-wedges-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment